All past and present Bloomington Mask Drive volunteers, partners, and supporters are invited to join Nola, Kelly, and the whole BMD family on Saturday, March 20, to celebrate our one year anniversary as a team.
- Where: Lower Cascades Park, Sycamore Shelter
- When: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 4 PM
- What: Cookout & Pizza X Picnic
- Why: 1 Year Ago on this date, Nola & Kelly teamed up to organize BMD!
- Register Here: Anniversary Picnic Sign Up Sheet
- We’ll provide table service, entree, sides, and PRIZES.
- Optional: You can bring a chair / side dish / dessert if you’d like (please label dishes in advance for common allergens, and as vegetarian/gluten free etc as applicable).
- All attendees will remain masked other than while eating and drinking, and asked to maintain social distance from non-household members, especially while eating and drinking.
- 4 PM – 4:30 — *Masked* Bloomington Mask Drive volunteers gather, drop off optional potluck food items in the shelter, set up chairs if they wish, grab a free raffle ticket, and socialize freely at safe social distance.
- 4:30 -5:30 — BMD Volunteer Awards & Raffle
- 5:30 Pizza & Potluck — Folks may remove masks at this time to eat & drink, those who are not yet fully vaccinated should still maintain social distance from non-household members.
- After Dinner — Free Hugs from Kelly & Nola (whom have both been fully vaccinated for 2+ weeks) for anyone who wants them
We hope you can join us! Finally, as we have all long hoped, the demand for our efforts has begun to drop and our masks are starting to stack up, though all our mask stations are still being used actively, they aren’t emptying as fast! We encourage anyone who needs a break or even a full stop to do so with our blessing and thanks.
We are also going to scale back our volunteer days to only two days a week starting in April.
- Monday, March 29 is our LAST Monday with in-person volunteering and materials pickup / mask drop-off at Endwright.
- We will continue to have volunteer shifts from 2 PM to 6 PM on Wednesdays and Fridays. Sign up for Wednesday shifts by visiting Sign Up Genius.
- Friday sign-ups are “officially” reserved for The Mask Project at IU volunteers, but feel free to come see us and volunteer anyway!
Thank you all for your committment and service to our community. Bloomington Mask Drive has made and given away well over 50,000 free fabric masks to help stop the spread of COVID19 and encourage a local culture of mask-wearing. We have been successful beyond our wildest dreams and can’t wait to celebrate with you later this month. Please don’t forget to register for the picnic on March 20, we can’t wait to see you!